L-arginine is a type of amino acid, and as we know, amino acids are the “building blocks” of proteins. We obtain l-arginine from our diets, especially from sources of protein foods. In addition to occurring naturally in “complete proteins” that supply all the essential amino acids we need, l-arginine is also created in laboratory settings so it can be used to make supplements that benefit heart health, exercise performance, mental capabilities and much more. While not exactly an “essential” amino acid — meaning an amino acid that the body cannot make on its own and, therefore, must get from outside sources — L-arginine is considered somewhat essential because it’s highly important for many functions yet usually present in low quantities, especially as someone gets older. One of the biggest benefits of L-arginine is its ability to improve blood flow and circulation. In the body, L-arginine is converted into nitric oxide, which causes blood vessels to open wider. This has multiple benefits, including improving immune function, detoxification and brainpower. Another important aspect of L-arginine is that it stimulates the production of certain hormones, especially beneficial growth hormones and insulin that help usher glucose into cells to be used for growth and energy output. it’s also believed to enhance physical performance, stamina and strength. How Does It Work? Everyone produces some L-arginine on his or her own, but how much depends on factors like your age, inflammation level, condition of your heart and arteries, gender, diet quality, and genetics. Some of the reasons someone might not produce optimal levels of L-arginine include eating a vegetarian/vegan diet low in complete protein sources, having poor digestive health that makes metabolizing protein difficult, high levels of oxidative stress caused by free radicals (due to diet, stress or pollution), smoking and genetic factors.
- Boosts exercise performance: L-arginine is known to effectively improve blood flow which helps bring nutrients and oxygen to muscle and joint tissues
- L-arginine has been found to have substantial free radical scavenging abilities due to its effects on the enzyme called superoxide dismutase as well as other antioxidant mechanisms
- Improves heart health: For people with heart health issues, l-arginine helps to benefit the body effectively
- Improves immunity: L-arginine is used to help in reducing infections, improve wound healing and improves immunity
- Manufactured in FDA facility, 100% Vegetarian, FSSAI & GMP Approved
- Availability: In Stock
- Model: SHPLA001